The following is an email sent from the NSCA:
Good evening coaches and athletes:
I am thrilled to announce that the NSCA is going to be kick-starting 2017 with its brand new Pathways to Podiums athlete/coach skill development programming! The first 32 eligible registrants (CWG-aged, plus coaches) will be the beneficiaries of an incredible inaugural learning experience, instructed by some of our game’s finest!
– Russ Howard, Olympic Gold Medallist
– Mary-Anne Arsenault, 5-time Canadian and 2-time World Champion
– Grant Odishaw, Canadian Mixed Champion
– Sunday, January 8, 2017 – 9am-5pm, Chester Curling Club, with a bonus Q&A session at the conclusion of the program
Participant Age Eligibility
– 15-and-under, as of June 30, 2016 & Coaches
– $110 per participant by December 20, 2016 – Register: http://nscurl.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=details&id=419
– Team Coaches (who have three or more players attending the session) are FREE and are encouraged to register by e-mailing kpatterson (at) nscurl ( dot) com
– No refunds will be issued unless in the occurrence of event cancellation or emergency as determined by the NSCA
– Dynamic Delivery Deconstruction – breaking down the components of the delivery and rebuilding on a rock-solid foundation
– Becoming a Savvy Strategist – inside the tactical mind of an Olympic Gold Medallist
– Off-ice Planning for On-ice Performance – practice and seasonal planning, goal setting
– Weight Control for the win – identifying ideal throwing weights and mastering execution with systematic repetition
– Angle Advantage – getting the ‘one up’ by lining up opportunities that are often missed by the naked eye
About Pathways to Podiums programming
The Nova Scotia Curling Association is exemplifying its dedication to providing quality athlete and coach development opportunities by launching Pathways to Podiums programming.
Creating an enjoyable, optimal learning experience for an athlete or coach at any age or stage of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) is a foundational objective of Pathways to Podiums programming. The NSCA acknowledges that, whether a participant’s dream is to win a National championships, or simply to make another inturn draw on a Tuesday night, everyone has their own Curling goals and the Association is supportive of each participant’s ambitions by proudly sourcing some of Nova Scotia’s (and surrounding area’s) finest to provide a top-notch instructional roster that will take any participant’s skillset to the ‘next’ level.
For the launch of the program on January 8th, athletes and coaches will have the opportunity to learn from Olympic Gold Medallist, Russ Howard, as well as his Academy of Curling colleagues – Grant Odishaw (Canadian Mixed Champion), and Nova Scotia’s own 5-time Canadian and 2-time World Champion, Mary-Anne Arsenault!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Many thanks.
Kevin Patterson (Technical Director, NSCA)
902-425-5454 ext 345